Founded in June 2015, Wordapp is a software startup company based in Istanbul, Amsterdam and Stockholm. Comprised of a team of creatives, problem-solvers, polyglots and disruptive innovators building a platform that lets businesses and people make money online. Our growing international team is working very hard to revolutionize the world of freelancing and the internet!
Our roots lay in a content and translation company called Copypanthers. The main problem we had in Copypanthers, yes we really need to fix the site, was scaling our operations to the next level. Clients were too dependent on us to manage projects, giving us a lot of ‘manual’ work that no one else wanted to do (and what we were earning money on). It was always a struggle to find enough freelancers and learn them how to do the job properly. We didn’t want anyone to do ‘boring’ work anymore. We needed software.
- Time: As a software company, we fundamentally buy and sell time (eliminating transactions costs by making things simpler, coding processes and making stuff more accessible. We highly value showing up on time, delivering on time and saving time in this company;
- We demand learning: A member of our team is self-taught and learns continuously as opposed to being taught what to do.
- Result Driven with tour of duty: Being self-funded, we require measurable results from every member in our team every day. Together we decide on one goal and a tour of duty, then our team member is expected to deliver and exceed that goal.
- Lean: We have learned the hard way that lean (finishing one thing at a time) is the only guaranteed way to sustain growth.
- Master first, then build or delegate: We require our team to do things themselves until they have clarity and then delegate to our crowd or start coding the product.
What we are all about:
We have a mission
Our work is not only hard, it is very hard, and the only way that makes sense is if you work to achieve something important. Our mission is to help businesses and freelancers to make money online, businesses so they can create more jobs and freelancers so they can pursue their other dreams.
We are international
Wordapp culture is truly international. While working at Wordapp, you are part of talented international and multicultural team. On a daily basis, you can hear scores of different languages at the office and conversations from all the corners of the world. Whether you speak Boolean, PHP or Swedish, you will feel at home at Wordapp.
We love using technology to solve our problems
The first thing anyone who needs to do a boring task does at the company is ask Google to see if there is a faster (automated) way. We love finding new tools to make our life simpler.
We’re a fast-moving internet company
Working online is a bit different from regular offline jobs. We love terms like lean, conversion, A/B testing and understand that anyone can try a test and get results fast so that we can make better decisions. When we talk about the future, we talk about 2-4 months from now or helping millions of people 3 years from now.
We feel (and are) responsible
Everyone at the company has stock options, everyone has to pull their own weight. If you show up for a meeting late, if you don’t do what you told you would do, it means someone else has to do it for you. There is no place to hide. The best thing about working with Wordapp is that you can be part of some really big new ideas, on the other hand working in a small company it also means that sometimes you have to do really boring tasks. Ask anyone about copy-pasting data for 4 hours straight or having to manually update the instructions on 300 tasks and they can tell you some stories.
Do you want to be a part of our culture?
We are always growing and looking for new talents. Take a look at our open positions and see if there is a spot suitable for you at Wordapp. We are looking forward to receiving your application!